• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe flash player

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download the adobe flash player for windows 10. I am able to download it but then it asks me to close Chrome. It looks like google Chrome is closed but I am still getting the error message. How do I close Chrome browser so I can finsih installing adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like a zombie instance of chrome is running. do ctrl +  alt + del

and look into the running process list if you can see chrome, if yes juste click on "end task"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<edit>

If you're being prompted to close an application that uses Flash, then you're attempting to install the version that already exists on the system.  Flash first attempts to uninstall whatever version exists on the system before installing, if the version on the same is the same version being installed, and it's in use (e.g. loaded by the browser), then the existing version can't be deleted and the user is prompted to close the application for installation to proceed.  If Flash doesn't exist on the system or in an upgrade scenario, Flash can be installed without closing the browser

<end edit>

It's possible some other application is identifying itself as Chrome.

With that said, Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome.  There is no need to download it separately, unless there are issues with the embedded version.  Google does block Flash by default, forcing users to enable it.  Due to this, oftentimes, content will not detect that Flash is installed and prompt users to download and install it.

To enable Flash in Chrome, see Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Note that as of Chrome 69, Chrome deletes the user's 'Allow Flash' settings that they've added when Chrome is closed, forcing users to enable it when they launch Chrome again.  This is a Chrome implementation, not an issue with Flash Player.   Per Google's Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects :

Non-Persisted HTML5 by Default (Target: Chrome 69 - September 2018)

Summary

Sites using Flash will require explicit permission to run, every time the user restarts the browser.

Rationale

Require affirmative user choice to run Flash Player content, without that choice persisting across multiple sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines