• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing an older version of flash to windows 10?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey 👋 

So I am trying to play some very old flash games, from the 2010's. My current flash player version is too new, so I uninstalled it and tried to install a much older version, from about 2014. Once downloaded, I got some instructions about installation, that didn't make sense. Something about moving a file called libflashplayer.so to my browser's plug-in directory. The browser that I am using is Firefox. Also I'm not sure if I installed the right version, as all the articles I've looked at to find a solution are talking about Linux. Can anybody help me here? 
Thanks 

Jamie 

TOPICS
Browser , How to , SWF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

.so files are for Linux and Unix systems only. Adobe have now blocked downloads of all old versions as part of preparing to turn it off completely in a few months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.so files are for Linux and Unix systems only. Adobe have now blocked downloads of all old versions as part of preparing to turn it off completely in a few months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Flash would work with Windows then? I want one from about 2013. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your only safe choice is the current version. Downloading random things claiming to be Flash from non-Adobe archives is inviting malware into your home. Do you know Flash is going away completely in a few months anyway? Maybe easiest to just abandon the old stuff now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I do understand your concern for my safety with downloading flash. However I can assure you that I am downloading the software directly from adobe, so it is highly unlikely that there will be any malware. Could you please tell me a version of Flash Player from 2013 that would be compatible with a windows device. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can't because Adobe have closed the archive. Only current versions are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trust that you have never heard of a website called the Wayback Machine? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"However I can assure you that I am downloading the software directly from adobe"

Old versions of Flash Player have been removed.  From where, exactly, are you downloading Flash Player directly from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines