• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installing flash on Mac Air

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble installing flash on my Mac Air. Every time I successfully install Flash, it doesnt appear anywhere on my computer. It only downloads the installer and nothing happens. I have tried trouble shooting for Chrome and Safari - and I tried closing the internet browser before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player is an internet plug-in and will install to the /Library/Internet Plug-ins directory.  It is only usable within the browser. Chrome and Safari do not use the same Flash Player plugin.

Chrome uses the PPAPI plugin, which is integrated in Chrome and normally user's do not need to download the PPAPI from adobe.com to view Flash content, just enable the integrated plugin.

Safari (and Firefox) use the NPAPI plugin, which is not integrated in the browser and is downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.

Most browser vendors do not enable Flash Player by default, instead defaulting to a click-to-play model, forcing users to enable Flash, which is most likely what you are encountering.

To enable Flash in Chrome, see Adobe Flash isn't working - Google Chrome Help

To enable Flash in Safari, see Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines