• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player on old MacBook OSX 10.6.3

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old Mac Book running MacOSX 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard).  I have Flash Player 10.3.183.19.  Can I "update" to the latest version?  If so, how do I do it.  When I try an update, it is refused.  Do I have to "uninstall" what is currently installed (and how)?

[moderator: added os version to title for clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

OS X 10.6.3 is no longer officially supported, you can still install Flash Player on it.

1. Go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions.
  2. In step 1 select 'Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.3'.
  3. In step 2 select the Flash Player plugin for the browser you are using
  4. Note there may be third party offers in the center of the page
  5. Click Download to download the installer
  6. Locate the downloaded installer (in the Downloads folder, unless you changed this).
  7. Proceed to install Flash Player

Note that 'unsupported' means we do not develop for, nor test on, OS X 10.6, as such Flash Player may not function as expected on OS X 10.6.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Maria. This is not working, because at step one, it does not have the option 10.6-10.3, but it's 10.10-10.14 and have no other options for mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The instructions you're referring to are over 1 year old and the labels on the page have changed since then.

Since the officially supported versions are 10.10 and above, the label only reads 10.10 - 10.14.  A non-supported version will not be listed.

If you have a 64-bit system, you should be able to install the latest version. In step 1, just select the option that reads 10.10.-10.14.

If you have a 32-bit system, then the latest version will not install on the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines