• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing flash player

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when on the internet I get a screen that tells me that I need to upgrade my flash player. The address is not from adobe and I close the browser. I have gone to the adobe website and located the download and test site. After testing it appears to be correctly installed and not sure what to do. This display is happening often since last night.

I want to insure that I do not install malware or virus to my system.
I am getting the same browser message saying that I need to update my Flash Player. in step 1 the test indicates that versions are about 30 versions older. I try to download and the computer goes to test page and lets me know that software is integrated into IE and needs no update???
current version on my computer ..330 and available version is ...363. and tells me that flash player is integrated with IE and you do not need install flash player

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are very many attack sites trying to trick you into installing fake Updates - and Flash is a particular target. You did the right thing. Just don’t believe the messages and leave any such infected site (because it might try other tricks). 

You are right that IE includes Flash so this is a very clear fake. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a malicious ad, or similar, is trying to trick you into downloading a potentially malicious Flash Player installer.  Ignore the message and do not download Flash Player from any site other than adobe.com

Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX Control in IE (Win8/10) and Edge (Win10) and all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Updates.  Currently, the embedded version is 32.0.0.330, whereas the non-embedded version for other platforms is 32.0.0.363.  Since you have 32.0.0.330 for IE/Edge on Windows 10, you have the most recent version available for that platform.

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/ is always updated with the latest version of Flash Player for all supported platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

buenos dias ,no se como instalar flash player gratis,lo necesito para Lumosity,tengo 71 anos y lo uso para estimulo cognitivo... tenia Flash actualizado hasta diciembre de 2020 , y de pronto desaparecio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines