• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing, Running Adobe Flash Player and unblocking pop up windows associated with it

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Adobe Flash Player on a Mac 10.13.4 through either Chrome or Safari. Please guide me through this process. Then when I login to VIPKID teacher website and try to enter the online classroom, a pop-up window opens underneath the taskbar which says that the VIPKID site wants to run Flash Player. I am directed to click 'Allow' or 'Block'. I am not permitted to click Allow. I have gone to settings in Chrome and preferences in Safari to unblock pop up windows. So far no luck in getting into that online classroom. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not permitted to click Allow.

What happens when you click on 'Allow'?  Is it disabled? Partially hidden?

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome, so there's no need to install it separately.

Chrome and Safari use 2 different plugin types.  Chrome uses PPAPI plugin and Safari (and Firefox) uses NPAPI plugin.  They are not interchangeable.  However, according to https://www.vipkidteachers.com/tech-reqs the site supports Chrome and Firefox. Safari is not listed as a supported browser.

What happens when you go to the https://www.vipkidteachers.com/tech-reqs  page, using Chrome, and click on the Flash Player 'Download Latest Version' link, part way down the page?  The first time I clicked on this link, Chrome intercepted the request and prompted me to enable Flash.

Have you tried the recommendations in Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Note that enabling Flash in one site does not enable it for all sites, you must enable it for each site.  When you close Chrome, Chrome deletes your Flash settings and you will need to repeat these steps again. This is a Chrome implementation and not Flash Player related.

To enable Flash in Firefox, see Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those comments were very helpful and took care of a few steps. I am still receiving a pop up window though which will not permit me full access to the online classroom through Chrome's search engine. The pop up window says, "t.vipkid.com.cn wants to run flash player choose allow or block. I am still unable to choose allow though I have gone into preferences on the Mac and allowed access to Flash Player for these sites. Help! I am trying to become employed with this company and am unable to complete the application process because of this glitch. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still unable to choose allow

What do you mean you're not able to choose 'allow'? Is the button disabled?  Can you post a screenshot?

Note that this pop-up window is a function of the browser.  I would actually recommend contacting either the content developer and/or Chrome.

I have gone into preferences on the Mac and allowed access to Flash Player for these sites.

The Mac preferences will not have anything to do with allowing Flash in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 12.52.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pop up window in the top left corner of the screen shot is the one that I am unable to get past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's Chrome's dialog, not ours.  If the allow button isn't accepting clicks, that's problematic, but something that Chrome would need to solve.

You might be able to get around it by clicking the lock icon, choosing Settings > Flash > Allow Once, but you'll have to do that every time you restart the browser.  Chrome no longer remembers your preference to allow Flash.

Alternatively, you could use another browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone who would be able to talk with me by phone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone who would be able to talk with me by phone?

Adobe doesn't offer phone support for free products, but as mentioned numerous times, the issues you are experiencing are with the browser and/or the content.  You'll need to reach out to Chrome and the content developer for further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither company has live support. They only offer basic info on their forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the same situation as here.  The Flash Player forums are a peer-to-peer forum, and staff participate in between their normal work-load.  We don't have anyone monitoring the forums full-time, or even part-time.

Again, the dialog you're unable to interact with is a Chrome dialog.  There's nothing we can do to assist you with another company's product that isn't functioning for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button appears to be active.  This is a Chrome button and not Flash Player related, so you would need to report this issue to Chrome.

Did you try following these steps to 'allow' Flash on https://t.vipkid.com.cn/

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 10.10.46 AM.jpg

Again, the issue you're having now is with Chrome and the content developer.  I strongly recommend contacting both about the issues you are experiencing attempting to allow Flash in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines