Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient user permission.

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

Since yesterday I have tried to install flash from Adobe on my computer.

It worked fine in the past to install flash on my HP Omen, but now I suddenly get the message that I dont have administration permission to install the program. fsscr190.jpg

When I find the file in the location and try to do something about the permissions issue, I get an error saying that it isnt an .exe file, all the while it says so.

What IS this sorcery and why cant I wrap my head around it and get it fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to work around the issue and change permissions on the file it self, this is the message I get:

fsscr191.jpg

Translated:

An error occurred while specifying attributes for the file
No access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system, including version, is this on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 home, version 1607

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the file rename screenshot, the file name is activex.vch whereas you have mentioned you were trying to install for Firefox browser. Could you please post the complete name of the installer you were trying to install.

ActiveX Flash Player is used for IE/Edge browsers but on Windows 10 it comes installed from Microsoft's end and all updates for the same are pushed by Microsoft as part of Windows update.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FlashPlayerUpdateServive.exe is used by the Background Update service to update Flash Player silently in the background.  On WIndows 10, it will update Flash Player NPAPI plugin (for Firefox) and PPAPI plugin (for Chromium-based browsers).  It will NOT update Flash Player ActiveX as Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX for Edge and IE and Flash Player ActiveX updates are released by Microsoft.

The number 5 at the end of the file path is a ACCESS_DENIED error, which is why you're getting the insufficient permissions error.   It's possible the file was in use when you first attempted to update Flash Player NPAPI.  If you provide the FlashInstall log files saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash we can investigate further.  You can upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and posting the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried again and now it worked to install flash for FF.

I've checked that it is installed and that it works.

I seriously dont know what I did different, since I did all the steps everytime I tried installing flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines