Insufficient user pribileges...

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 and have not been able to load games from zone.msn.com for several days.  I went to Adobe Flash Drive website and followed directions to check if Flash was installed and read that I should uninstall Flash and reinstall.  I did so and now come up with a message that Flash cannot be installed because of "insufficient user privileges to install application."  I am running as administrator and have tried to disable my McAfee firewall without success.  I would appreciate any help - thanks!

TOPICS
Download install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as "Adobe Flash Drive".  There is Adobe Flash Player, which appears to be what you are wanting to install.

To troubleshoot further, I'll need to review the Flash Install log file. 

Please upload the FlashInstall log file(s) saved at the following location(s) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161

• 32-bit OS: FlashInstall32.log saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: FlashInstall32.log saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash AND FlashInstall64.log saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Post the link to the uploaded file(s) in your reply.

--

Maria

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Maria, for your quick response. I had shut my computer down yesterday while trying to download Adobe Flash Player with no success when I rebooted.  My computer shut itself down last night and this morning I was able to download Adobe Flash Player so I am back up and running well. 

Janet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like some glitch that fixed itself with the reboot.  Thank you for confirming all is well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines