• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internactive Flash Screen Blanks to Background Color When Mouse Pointer Enters

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title pretty much says it all.    The video card is a Nvidia GT-710 with latest driver - 22.21.13.8494 date 7/18/2017 .  OS is Windows 10-64.   Flash is version NPSWF64_26_0_0_137.  The browser is Firefox ESR 52.2.1 (64 bit)

As an example if you go to

NWS radar image loop of Long Range Reflectivity from Boston, MA

the screen displays fine until you move the mouse pointer in to the area to change a setting.  At the point the radar area turns a solid blue.  If you refresh the page the screen returns until the mouse pointer enters again.  You do not have to click a mouse button.  Just moving the pointer into the area blanks the screen and nothing happens regardless of the length of time screen is up until the mouse pointer enters.

The same is true at other sites so it is not specific to NOAA sites

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

No longer a problem in the latest addition of Firefox ESR, 52.3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the report.  I was able to reproduce this using the same software (though a different NVidia card) and I've forwarded this along to the team for additional investigation. 

If you haven't already, you can try running this in either Edge or Chrome as both of those browsers behaved as expected for me.  The normal build of Firefox also worked as expected.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.   We have been using the ESR version of FF because of the policy change at Mozilla which prevents some of our favorite extensions from being used in the standard version.  Hopefully your team will find a solution so we do not have to choose between Flash and those extensions..  While I am waiting, your comments have have at least given me some ideas.   Perhaps I can load the standard FF on a test machine and compare the about:config default settings as a first step. 

Thanks again and I will continue to check back to see if your team has had any success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid my efforts were not fruitful.  None of the changes I tried in about:config helped.   Since it has been a week I am curious what your team has come up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No longer a problem in the latest addition of Firefox ESR, 52.3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooops. Make that the latest "edition" of Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines