• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Flash.cn ending support on December 31 2020?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all know that the Vanilla version of Flash Player is reaching End-of-life on December 31 2020 in about two months, but does that date also extend to the Mainland Chinese version of Flash Player called Adobe Flash.cn?

I ask this question because many Chinese internet companies & services in addition to the Chinese Government aren't willing to spend the time, money or resources necessary to migrate from the aging Flash Player to HTML5 due to minor incompatibility problems with their services.

Once again, I live in the United States and not in China, So unless an Adobe moderator confirms that the Flash.cn version of Flash Player also end on December 31 2020, let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Please contact support@flash.cn for more details on the China-only version of Flash Player distributed by 2144.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a forum moderator and Adobe product user in the US and I cannot answer that question, sorry.   A flash content provider in Mainland China would probably know more about it. 

That said, HTML5 is nothing new.  When the major browsers started blocking Flash Player 2-3 years ago, I welcomed it without a fight and never looked back.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact support@flash.cn for more details on the China-only version of Flash Player distributed by 2144.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently, according to this article, the "China Special Edition" is the only exception of the EOL of Adobe Flash, if anyone can confirm it.

Here it is: https://www.cnbeta.com/articles/tech/9l99391.htm

Since the Chinese Government aren't going to spend the time, money, and/or resources necessary to migrate from the aging Flash Player to HTML5 & HTTPS anytime soon, many Chinese internet services are stuck in HTML4 & HTTP for a long time, mostly likely due to their Internet Censorship firewall, hardware & software (for mainly Chinese servers) being incompatible with HTML5 & HTTPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines