• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to download the separate files somewhere?

New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and have no problem with the flash player.

But I play an online game that provides a client. Unfortunately, that Client uses a 32-bit flash player which doesn't upgrade if the game itself gets an upgrade. There's a way to manually update it by takng the npswf32_xx_x_x_xxx.dll and rename it to npswf32.dll.

Is there a way to officially download the most current npswf32 file somewhere? I have found a few sites that offer these dll files but they all say things like "Version 5.0.xxx" or something similar, so I'm not sure if those are the right ones.

Regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

There's some confusion and misinformation in this discussion topic  Hopefully the following will provide some clarification:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEVER download licensed software from other sites, like DLL dumps. They don't have authority to do so, and some of them load their software with extra malware.

Only packaged installers are available. If you install them you will have the DLL and could copy it to a new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how do I install the 32 bit version of flash with a 64 bit OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the 32 bit version if it's separate. It probably isn't. Any 32 bit app needs the 32 bit DLLs, in a 64 bit system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, where do I get the 32 bit version as a package (if that exists). When clicking on any download link, even for 32 bit version, you only get the installer file, not the package.

I already checked in my Macromed folder, it contains only the 64 bit files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "Macromed" folder? If it's under C:\Program files, that's 64 bit, usually. Normally 32-bit is under c:\Program files (X86).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

In the program files (x86) folder, it looks like this: /Adobe/Flash Player/Addins/airappinstaller

And there are 4 files in there: airappinstaller.exe, digest.s, LGPL License.txt and Notice WebKit.txt

The only file I need specifically would be the NPSWF32_xx_x_x_xxx.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the NPAPI installer (there are three different Flash plug-ins, and which one installs depends on your browser).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did was, I right clicked the window in the gaming client and click on "Check for updates". Then, I copy the link Adobe - Flash Player  to see the newest versions and click on the download center link. And there, I choose Windows 7 and FP 29 for Opera and Chromium PPAPI (because as far as I was told, the gaming client is based on Chrome)

On the right, it says "Download Now" and below that is shows "Size: 20 MB". But when clicking on the link, all I get offered is the "flashplayerpp_xa_install.exe", which is unusable for me, since the installer would install the 64 bit version. I need the 20 MB package so I can unzip it to get the one 32-bit  file I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's some confusion and misinformation in this discussion topic  Hopefully the following will provide some clarification:

• Is there a way to officially download the most current npswf32 file somewhere?
  • Flash Player installer is a single installer (32-bit native) that includes 32-bit and 64-bit payloads.  Flash Player does not install to Program Files directory.  On a 64-bit OS, both 32-bit and 64-bit are installed at the following locations:
    • 32-bit Flash Player: C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash
    • 64-bit Flash Player: C:\Windows\System32\Macroemd\Flash
  • In the program files (x86) folder, it looks like this: /Adobe/Flash Player/Addins/airappinstaller
    • This is AIR Runtime related file. This is not Flash Player plugin.
  • The only file I need specifically would be the NPSWF32_xx_x_x_xxx.dll
    • NPSWF32_*.dll is the NPAPI Flash Player plugin for Netscape-based browsers (e.g Firefox, Safari)
  • On the right, it says "Download Now" and below that is shows "Size: 20 MB". But when clicking on the link, all I get offered is the "flashplayerpp_xa_install.exe", which is unusable for me, since the installer would install the 64 bit version. I need the 20 MB package so I can unzip it to get the one 32-bit  file I need.
    • flashplayepp_xa_install.exe is an online shim installer for the PPAPI Flash Player plugin for Chromium-based browsers (e.g. Opera).
    • The online shim installer is a small (~1mb file) that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the brackground.  It installs 32-bit Flash Player on a 32-bit OS and installs both 32-bit and 64-bit Flash Player on a 64-bit OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player installer is a single installer (32-bit native) that includes 32-bit and 64-bit payloads.  Flash Player does not install to Program Files directory.  On a 64-bit OS, both 32-bit and 64-bit are installed at the following locations:

• 32-bit Flash Player: C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash

Thank you very much, this is what I needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're very welcome.  Glad to help and clarify some misconceptions.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines