• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this a legit Adobe site?

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been bombarded with websites popping up telling me to update Adobe flash player. I checked in my"system preferences" which tells me I am up to date.

I also went to the Adobe website and downloaded the same version I already had. I am using an Apple iMac and OS 10.11.6, Safari v 11.1.2 and Flash player v 32.0.0.101

Some of the websites these requests come from are:

Adobe Flash from:

[malicious links removed]

So my question are these legit websites? Can I click on them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

None of those are legit.  I'll forward your post to the fraud team for follow-up.

If you're system is bombarded with pop-ups there's something wrong with it, most likely malware or similar.  My colleague has a  reply to situations like this: Re: Fake FlashPlayer Update?   Long story short, you want to clean up your system, most likely a complete system restore/format at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't go near any of them.   Recommend you get  ad and pop-up blockers for all your browsers immediately.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No No NO !!!

Click any of those links and you run the risk of malware stealing your data

The one and ONLY way to get Flash Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Report Phishing to phishing@adobe.com as per Notifying Adobe of Security Issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of those are legit.  I'll forward your post to the fraud team for follow-up.

If you're system is bombarded with pop-ups there's something wrong with it, most likely malware or similar.  My colleague has a  reply to situations like this: Re: Fake FlashPlayer Update?   Long story short, you want to clean up your system, most likely a complete system restore/format at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answers and NO I haven't clicked on any of these websites but wanted to bring them to your attention. I have been in touch with Apple and they recommended another mapware program then I had been using and 9 malware whatevers were removed. I seem to be OK now but will keep an eye on everything.

Ad and pop-up blockers didn't help any since they were websites opening in another tab, not pop-ups within one website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines