Issue Encountered Installing Flash Player 28.0.0.161 in Fedora Workstation 27

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I am using the Chromium browser (63.0.3239.108 (Developer Build) Fedora Project (64-bit)) on a new install of Fedora Workstation 27.

Following the directions provided in the ReadMe file that accompanied the tar.gz download from Adobe, I unpacked the .tar.gz file and copied and pasted all of them into /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/ . I then re-launched Chromium, but the page in question still asserted that Flash Player was not installed.  I then examined Chromium's settings and was informed that Flash was not installed so far as Chromium was concerned. I then restarted the computer and once it completed its restart I tried Chromium again, but it still does not recognize the presence of Flash Player in Fedora.

Obviously I need some help and guidance in overcoming whatever this issue between Flash Player, Fedora and Chromium is, but I simply do not know how to troubleshoot it properly.  Can someone please help me?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a wiki at fedora website

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Chromium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, and you'll probably need to enable Flash Player in Chromium, once you have it installed.

I've included instructions for enabling Flash Player in Google Chrome, and in Opera, as a chromium-specific example.  Since the restrictions on launching Flash Player are browser-specific and imposed by the browser, they're the best resource for up-to-date information:

Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Enable Flash Player for Opera

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines