• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Flash Add-on not showing in IE after updating from Flash 24 to Flash 30 AX

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, we have an oddball issue. So we updated Adobe Flash from version 24 to Flash 30 ActiveX version via the MSI distro. When that happened, the add-on in IE disappeared from IE. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled 30, but when I try to install it, it asks for the version 24 MSI. I point to the install, then it says it installs correctly. However, the add-on still not there. So, I once again uninstall 30 and reinstall. This time doesn't ask for the version 24 MSI and installs successfully and I then see the add-on show up in IE. Any way to remedy this on a massive scale. I got about 1400 PCs with this problem and I got people needing to complete education modules soon. I use SCCM as my deployment tool. I tried using the cleanup tool prior to re-installing 30 on a couple machines and that did not help either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try running the standalone uninstaller first, to completely remove version 24, before installing the newer version.  The uninstaller is posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

Also, Flash Player 30 isn't the most recent version.  The current version is 31.0.0.108, which contains security fixes, and Adobe always recommends customers install the latest version of Flash Player, especially on internet connected systems, unless there's some compelling reason not to.

For information on the 31.0.0.108 release, see:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the uninstall tool and reinstall 30, still prompted me for the adobe flash 24 msi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying that.

This appears to be an issue with the environment, not the installer package itself.  MSI packages are cached on the system and subsequent installs/uninstalls/repairs reference this cached package.  It sounds like this cache was removed, and when the uninstaller/installer reference this package to complete the removal of the previous version, it's not found.

So, I uninstalled and reinstalled 30, but when I try to install it, it asks for the version 24 MSI. I point to the install, then it says it installs correctly.

To confirm, when you say "I point to the install", are you referring to the FP 24 MSI installer, or the MSI package cache?

The install log files may provide more information.

Please provide the following installer log files for the same installation attempt:

• FlashInstall file(s) saved at:
    • 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
    • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Window\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  • MSI installation log file, with options v+x enabled (verbose w/extra debugging)

Upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud​, or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account to access, and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines