• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with uninstallation of Flash Player

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want Flash Player off my computer, but mine came with Edge. When I run the uninstaller with all my apps closed, then restart my computer, Flash Player is still in my Control Panel. Flash Player's end of life date is December 31, 2020. Is there anything I can do other than wait until Windows updates after the end of life date? It's been suggested by Adobe I should not wait until then, but I'm not sure I have another choice.

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Hi,

I replied to your same question on July 22 - https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/cannot-uninstall-flash-player-win-10-pro/m-p/11307929?page=1#M207462

Nothing has changed from that date to today.  Flash Player uninstaller does not uninstall any embedded version of Flash Player.  Browser vendors will retire Flash Player based on their schedule.  See https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2019/08/30/update-removing-flash-microsoft-edge-internet-explorer/ for information specific to Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I replied to your same question on July 22 - https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/cannot-uninstall-flash-player-win-10-pro/m-p/11307929?pa...

Nothing has changed from that date to today.  Flash Player uninstaller does not uninstall any embedded version of Flash Player.  Browser vendors will retire Flash Player based on their schedule.  See https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2019/08/30/update-removing-flash-microsoft-edge-internet-explore... for information specific to Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, from the Microsoft article and one of the Microsoft articles it links to, it sounds like it will be removed from Edge and Internet Explorer automatically toward the end of 2020. I won't have to do anything. But I can keep it disabled until then. Does that sound like I'm reading the articles right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's suggestion is for non-embedded versions of Flash Player Browser vendors have control over the embedded versions and have their own retirment schedule and user's don't need to do anything for embedded versions of Flash Player.

All browser vendors have disabled Flash by default for quite some time now and only prompt the user to enable/allow it when the browser detects the content requires Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So then, I don't need to do anything. Microsoft will remove it when the time comes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have no other choice because it's part of Windows (but it is disabled by default). Who suggested/where that you should get rid of it before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is suggesting I not wait until then, but I guess I have to. Nonetheless, I can keep it disabled until then. I'm not so happy about it, but I guess that is all I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines