Issues downloading latest version of flash player and Chrome

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

I'm trying to download flash player 9 in my computer. I keep getting a message to close Chrome to finish downloading. Problem is as far as I know Chrome is closed when trying to finish. My computer shows it is closed.

Thanks.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible some other process is identifying itself as Chrome, you would need to open Task Manager and view processes for all users.

With that said, Flash Player 9 is very old and insecure.  It's missing tons of security fixes.  Additionally, since Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome, Chrome will not load previous versions of Flash Player.  Only current version (or newer beta versions).

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome Apps like Google Hangouts will keep the Chrome process running even after you've exited the browser itself.  You'll need to exit those as well.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines