• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issues installing Flash Player ActiveX

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find where to post a question, so I do hope someone sees this and will help me.

When I downloaded the latest flash player, the flash player 30 Active X didn't update

I am using Firefox as my browser and in the past when I have updated Flash Player the Active X update comes up automatically a short time later. But now my programs shows Flash Player version 30.0.0.134 (12 July 2018) but the Active X shows 30.0.0.113 (9 June 2018)

My system is 64 bit.

Please can someone tell me the answer and also explain to me how I can correctly post a question. I am putting my email below as I have no idea where any answer to my question might appear. I am old and need help.

Thank you so much,

Anthony

[moderator: personal information removed as per forums privacy policy, Email signatures and personal information ]

TOPICS
Browser

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony,

try to select manually your flash installer here

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I branched your post to a new discussion topic.

The Flash Player download page auto-detects the browser and OS in use and automatically offers the appropriate Flash Player for that browser/OS combination.  If you want to install the ActiveX Control, you'll need to go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer using IE browser, on Windows 7 and below.  As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX in IE (and Edge on Windows 10) and all Flash Player ActiveX updates for IE/Edge are released by Microsoft via Windows Updates.  If you have Windows 8.1 and above, run Windows Updates to update Flash Player.

Note that most browsers are disabling Flash content by default and forcing users to enable Flash, usually on a per-site basis.  Flash Player Help  contains links to enabling Flash on the various supported browsers.

To start a new discussion, click on the Click here to start a  new discussion link in the main page of the forum:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines