• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issues with flash player

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two big problems with flash player, one is that when i go full screen i see the windows 10 start bar on top of the video, and i have to quadrople click and get out of full screen and back into it just for it to be full screen and then the second problem, is every time i go full screen there is a warning message that i have just gone full screen, duh how the hell would i not beable to know that i went full screen after i went full screen and the video is playing or streeming still and there is a message that is blocking the literaly focus point of most videos, even if its just for a few seconds there is no way to disable it, are their any alternatives to flash player, i need something that actually works and isn't disfunctional. 

for example i have gone full screen millions of time, but each time for years there is a message telling me that i can hit escape to exit full screen, this is really dumb, only an idiot wouldn't beable to figure that out, what if i am recording a live stream and the message is also recorded? no one wants or needs this pollution, it is impossible for me to go full screen on purpose without knowing that i did it so its like extremly unecessary. are there any flash player settings to turn of the unecessary notification? and even if i did not have the annoying noticiation about how to escape full screen by pushing the esc button, you only have to tell me once, but not really i could just hit the esc button and figure it out inevtiably, but instead countless moments are ruined just to state the obvious. and then even if i did not have the annoying notication i would still not be able to go full screen like normal, becasue the start menu wont get behind the video it is in front of the video unless i reopen it and click in random places then it works, but i have to do this every single time i go full screen. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To understand the rationale for the full-screen prompt, you first have to understand that the Internet is an inherently complex and often hostile place, and that you have to consider that you may encounter a skilled and well-resourced adversary in the course of doing what might otherwise be relatively boring things.

In this instance, if a malicious actor can draw full-screen in a seamless way, they can draw the entire browser screen, including the lock icon and address bar.  If you wanted to make a fake browser window that say, asked for your bank's login credentials (...a more realistic case would be something like a site that requires login but also includes untrusted banner ads from a third-party network), it would be pretty hard to tell if you were looking at your actual browser window, or a pixel-perfect replica.  

The way that we combat this is to make sure that you, as the end-user, KNOW that you're in full-screen, and we have to do it every. single. time, because it might not be the site that invokes full-screen, but a banner or other content injected into the page.  If you were writing a video player, you could make the case that all content you process is trustworthy, and so you can go full-screen with no problems.  The video player can't typically capture or transmit your confidential data silently to a third-party attacker if it encounters a malicious video.  Your browser can.  That's the difference.

It's weird that you have to quadruple click and see the start button on top of the browser.  What browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using opera brower, they should let us opt out of the over protective video ruining message than no one really needs or asked for. except maybe your computer illeterate great grandma. i don't have to sign in every time, how is it that computers are so dumb to not realize what is going on? if you know how to use the computer this is not risk, if you are on sites like that you are going to get viruses anyway even with the crummy message warning, its like punished everyone just because sometimes 3 year olds surf the web and break the computer, big deal, its obvious a legal cop out so that you as a company can pretend to have something to do with security, this is non sense, and robotic, no offense, but it does't have to be right in the middle of the screen where it is it usually covering up people's eyes and face, it can be sloted to the corner, have an exit button or option to click to never see again, and accept the risks blah blah blah, you think you have to now but in the future no one will remember how bad it is,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines