• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issues with flash player

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... Ive got a problem with adobe flash player in the gameroom.. For 2 weeks ago I could play some games..as 5 difference etc.. But now, I can't play it...Not on chrome, and not on Microsoft Edge..

I have tried to do the staps on site from flash player, but nothing works..makes me crazy ....

I have windows 10..

Can anyone please help me?

grtz,

postpakketje

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

"Why can we no longer have an option tio "allow always" and not deal with this each time we open a website?

This is a good question and deserves a proper answer. Do you realise that Flash Player is going away, and this affects you? In 14 months it will be gone, and for some people it will be much sooner than that.

Let's ignore the why it's going away question, and look at the other points. The people who are making go away don't want you to have a sudden surprise. This has been planned for y

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues with flash player on Facebook gameroom and facebook website for family farm game.  Never was colear how this was corrected before and now there is little response from facebook support or facebook family farm support. I'm clueless and tryig to fix this for daughter with special needs and the parent who usually deals with computer issues is out of state...Why can we no longer have an option tio "allow always" and not deal with this each time we open a website?

None of the forums have helped restore a fulll working version of the associated grameroom app nor the website version on facebook for the family farm game

When we run gameroom we get the same message for flashplayer but the downloaded Gameroom has no padlock icon for a website as it is not on a website. None of the forums and suggested fixes of adobe links have helped and it seems foolish for me to continue.  We just purchased the Windows 10 Office package a week ago and it's now suddenly very slow as is all of Windows since the last update by the embedded flash player. Microsoft help did something to clear the cache and change the registery but then she disconnected from the support chat!

Please help and I hope there is some clue in my feeble attempts that suggest a fix! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why can we no longer have an option tio "allow always" and not deal with this each time we open a website?

This is a good question and deserves a proper answer. Do you realise that Flash Player is going away, and this affects you? In 14 months it will be gone, and for some people it will be much sooner than that.

Let's ignore the why it's going away question, and look at the other points. The people who are making go away don't want you to have a sudden surprise. This has been planned for years, so the people who use Flash on their web sites STOP DOING THAT and convert to something else. Because if they don't, their stuff will be gone. So, you are an important part of this (we all are). They are making Flash harder and harder to use, quite deliberately, to annoy you and me. In turn we complain to the people with the sites,  and hopefully they change before the deadline.  So, making it hard to use is quite deliberate, and won't be undone. It will be getting harder and harder in coming months.  

If you are using things based on Flash for something important (and care of people with special needs is pretty important, I'd agree) you need to be carefully considering the future, and looking for alternatives, so you can make the transition in good time. Some people will tell you "something will turn up" but they don't have to deal with your consequences if it doesn't.

So, don't look for a fix, look for an alternative, is my advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test_Screen_Name

Do you realize that the commenter is a simple user and not a developer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@suemaire2662

you should complain to the browser developers, it's their fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For completeness, here's the official Adobe statement with links to each of the major browsers' roadmaps: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines