Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Flash player

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm really struggling for a few days with flash player. All of this started with the now classic facebook videos issue "A flash player update is required for you to see this material" (homemade translation dunno exactly what is it in English).

I've done the last update. Hundred of times. From the link provided by facebook. From the link provided by adobe with integrated admin privilege.

I used the adobe unistall program. Re installed flash. Of course rebooted the pc several times.

I've used the unistaller from my Deleting Program Windows interface.

I went to c/win32/macromed/flash and used the unistaller from there.

Nothing worked. Still the same problem without any answer on the internet. Is the only way to format my c:// or what?

New idea in my head was to unistall by the adobe program and delete everything that is inside the macromed/flash folder.

Unfortunately I simply can't delete

activex.vch

Flash.ocx

FlashUtil_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil_ActiveX

because I need an authorization from Trusted Installer. So I changed the authorizations from the security panel and gave all authorizations on C:// to Admin/Users/Authenticated User/ Jin (my name, and name of opened session) and nothing worked. I tried to delete them from Glary Utilities files deleter but it can't, guess why, it doesn't have the authorization from anybody that I put total control on.

I don't really now what to do next. If someone have an idea for me or even better a solution? It would be a pleasure.

Thanks for reading, sorry for my bad English, please be aware that English is not my native language.

Best regards,

Jin

e/ sorry forgot the basics

Win 10 Pro N 64 bits

Firefox 55.0.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Did you follow these steps when setting the rights?

How to remove Flash from Windows 10 | This page intentionally left ugly

Make sure that at the step that says : "Close all the dialogs. Right click on the file again and select “Properties” and select the “Security” tab as before. Click on “Edit” and you’ll see this."

You properly select the account you just made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow these steps when setting the rights?

How to remove Flash from Windows 10 | This page intentionally left ugly

Make sure that at the step that says : "Close all the dialogs. Right click on the file again and select “Properties” and select the “Security” tab as before. Click on “Edit” and you’ll see this."

You properly select the account you just made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sir,

I followed another website's tutorial to do this and it missed the last step. With the one you provided I could have deleted those file and after clean reboot and re installation everything is working fine again.

Thanks you a lot to have take some time and sorry to have asked something I could have find by myself!

I'm so happy 😃

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link you posted has the following comment:

As many of you have discovered by now, Microsoft surreptitiously added the Flash player in an update well after the upgrade to Windows 10.

This is ABSOLUTELY FALSE.  Microsoft has been embedding Flash Player in IE since Windows 8 and in Edge since the VERY FIRST release of Windows.  Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge it is considered a system component file and the standalone Flash Player uninstaller does not remove it.  This is intentional behavhiour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines