• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It's Really Frustrating Flash is Over

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss my games. I feel really frustrated. So many things used Flash, it was really fun and I just feel frustrated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

There are a few projects that archived tons of Flash games so that you can still play them.  The folks at archive.org have a flash game repository running on Ruffle.js, and the folks at newgrounds have a special player that runs a bunch of games.  There are more, but those are the two I remember off the top of my head.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

There are a few projects that archived tons of Flash games so that you can still play them.  The folks at archive.org have a flash game repository running on Ruffle.js, and the folks at newgrounds have a special player that runs a bunch of games.  There are more, but those are the two I remember off the top of my head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's really cool of the folks at archive.org.  Is your company going to do anything to mediate this problem you created, or are you just pretty much relying on the goodwill of third parties to do all that work for you?

Perhaps you guys could introduce a new, updated version of Flash, which addresses the security concerns which caused you to discontinue it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SERIOUSLY.  IF ONLY THIS WORTHLESS COMPANY WOULD BE RECEPTIVE TO CONSUMER DEMAND.

Just SELL US a version of Flash.  We're willing TO PAY YOU MONEY FOR IT.  WHY IS EVERY COMPANY SO AVERSE TO MAKING MONEY BY ACQUIESCING TO CONSUMER DEMANDS???  You guys encouraged the entire internet to integrate Flash for two decades and now you just SUDDENLY take it away and then shame all of the consumers who come to you expressing appreciation for the product you just killed.  Stop shaming people for not seeing the 2017 announcement.  I dunno if you're away, but a lot of crazy stuff has happened in the world since 2017, and everybody with a computer isn't meticulously checking news updates for every single ubiquitous plugin on the internet.  Most people don't think "Oh, I'd better go check Adobe's official website and get up to date on their news!"  It's not something most people would just randomly think to do when there are literally billions of other things happening in the world and their lives every single day.  This is inexcusable.  The worst thing is the way they either casually downplay and invalidate our concerns, or outright condescend and talk down to us, practically INSULTING us for having the audacity to appreciate their product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines