• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It says I have to close chrome when downloading but I already have.

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i want to watch HBO but it says i have to DOWNLOAD adobe flash player, not just simply allow hbo to run it, so i try to download it but it always says I have to close chrome when i already have.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when the user is prompted to close the browser, they are attempting to install a version of Flash Player that already exists on the system and is in use.  In this case, the browser (or app identifying itself as a browser) needs to be closed for the loaded Flash Player plugin to be unloaded and uninstalled.  To view processes running as Chrome, open the Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Monitor (Mac), look for the Chrome process and then terminate it.

Google does embed Flash Player in Chrome and there is no need to install it separately, however, they block it by default forcing users to enable it, on a per session basis (when the browser is closed, Chrome deletes the user's preference).  For assistance see Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably have Hangouts running.  Any Chrome applications that run in the background are running in their own Chrome instances.  You'll need to exit those, too.

You can also just look in Task Manager (Force Quit on Mac) for any Chrome instances and kill them off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines