• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jan 12th.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 2 hours ago, The flash player I had in my IE browser just died. I wish to say this to Adobe.

This was an unwise decision as I had used Flash Player to watch animations and games OFFLINE. The animations original sources are long gone so this move to cut off those who used it offline was beyond mean. I will be looking into all possible means to get an older independant player so I can continue to have an offline means to watch and play these forgotten animations.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the original announcement from 2017, along with roadmaps for removing browser plug-in support in the various major browsers:  https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

There are some options for allowing loading local files.  You can check out the Enterprise Enablement section of the admin guide, here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

There are also a number of open-source alternatives that would probably w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Also, for completeness, we strongly recommend against running an old Flash Player.  As software that's tasked primarily with processing untrusted content, we continuously make security improvements and fixes to stay ahead of the latest security research and intelligence about what attackers are doing in the field.  That work has stopped, and there's a lot of automated machinery on the web built around detecting and exploiting vulnerable software.  Limiting the ability of Flash Player to load unt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Flashplayer 31 will continue working just fine offline - that's what I'm using at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask Microsoft.  Adobe doesn't make your browser.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/announcements/update-adobe-flash-support

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the original announcement from 2017, along with roadmaps for removing browser plug-in support in the various major browsers:  https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

There are some options for allowing loading local files.  You can check out the Enterprise Enablement section of the admin guide, here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

There are also a number of open-source alternatives that would probably work fine for simple animation and early Flash games.  A quick search should get you pointed in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for completeness, we strongly recommend against running an old Flash Player.  As software that's tasked primarily with processing untrusted content, we continuously make security improvements and fixes to stay ahead of the latest security research and intelligence about what attackers are doing in the field.  That work has stopped, and there's a lot of automated machinery on the web built around detecting and exploiting vulnerable software.  Limiting the ability of Flash Player to load untrusted content is important both for individuals, but more importantly -- when viewed in the context of billions of installations -- important to the health of the Internet as an ecosystem.  

There are a number of organized efforts to archive and make Flash content available (archive.org, bluemaxima, etc) that would probably be much better chocies than running an outdated browser plug-in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no choice but to use the old version. You shut down FLASH PLAYER.

Understand that if you had simply given upkeep of flash to the community,
we would not be having this conversation. But as I still play games on the
standalone version, I will not cease.

This is a fact: I will not stop. This stand alone version does not connect
to the internet and I do not wish to download Flashpoint. This is my only
option to continue to play a flash game without the browser supported
version.

Sorry.

--
Paul Alex Heman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I have no choice but to use the old version."

===============

@Cynical5E86,

Of course you have a choice.  Find other interests that don't rely on Flash Player.  Do not put your computer at risk from malware.  There are plenty of HTML5 games online and on Google Play, Microsoft and Apple stores. 

"You shut down FLASH PLAYER."

===============

This is mainly a user-to-user community, not a direct pipeline to Adobe decision makers. 

Adobe ended Flash Player because they had to. You can thank the end of Flash Player on Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, Google, Mozilla and other brower vendors who ended support for all 3rd party plugins. This is no different than what happened with Java, Silverlight, QuickTime, RealPlayer, Shockwave and others.

Good luck! 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines