Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JAVA Error after uninstalling FLASH

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I'm not exactly sure if the removal of FLASH created the JAVA Script Error you see below but it started just after I uninstalled FLASH....

I, like all of us Windows users, received plenty of warning about FLASH coming to an end.

Well it did, and the last message I saw about FLASH no longer being supported came with a “Remove FLASH now” message which I thought OK let’s do it thinking that there was a new option available.

Well I haven’t seen any new updated to FLASH Player, all warnings never told you that a new alternative to FLASH Player can be downloaded HERE….nothin!

As a result I now see this JAVA Error message on bootup every time I restart my ASUS FX505D-AL014T Notebook, is this related to uninstalling the FLASH Player or is this some other issue?

Ta Thanks

Clint - Melbourne

Java Script problem.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

1. JavaScript is NOT the same as Java.  They are 2 entirely different programming languages.

2. This doesn't appear to be related to Flash Player.  It looks like it's coming from Discord.  See link below.

https://www.gamingscan.com/getting-a-javascript-error-on-discord/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. JavaScript is NOT the same as Java.  They are 2 entirely different programming languages.

2. This doesn't appear to be related to Flash Player.  It looks like it's coming from Discord.  See link below.

https://www.gamingscan.com/getting-a-javascript-error-on-discord/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player has reached end-of-life.  The alternative is to migrate Flash content to some other technology. For reference, see:

The error you're getting is Most likely not related to FLash, unless Discord relies on Flash Player, which Discord would be the folks to ask, not these forums.

A search for something like "discord javascript error occurred in the main process require stack" returns several results (for the specific error in the first 4 lines of your screenshot) that may be helpful to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines