Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting "Update Adobe Flash Player" popup even when have newest version

Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I constantly keep getting a popup "Update Adobe Flash Player" even when I have the latest version installed. It just keeps popping up. Here is a screen shot of the adobe version test page showing I have the latest version installed and the popup. OS is Windows 7, Google Chrome Version 51.0.2704.103 m

keep getting update notification.jpg

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google integrates Flash Player in Chrome as such the update notification is not for the integrated Flash Player version.  Based on your screenshot, you also have Opera installed.  This update could be for Opera, or if you use other browsers it could be for that browser, as different browsers use different variants of Flash Player:

Opera, and Chromium-based browsers use the PPAPI plugin

Firefox uses the NPAPI plugin

IE uses the ActiveX Control

You'll want to update Flash Player for all the browsers you use.  Launch each browser you use to the page you have in your screenshot to see if you have the latest version, 22.0.0.192.  If the latest version is not installed, go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download, and install, the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only get the popup about updates when using IE, not Edge or Firefox,  When I check at Adobe about updates it blows me off with a message that Flash is pre-installed in Windows 10. I have the latest Windows 10 updates and that supposedly includes the Adobe updates. Firefox blocks usage while it fiddles with updates almost every time I use it. I am not at all sure that the popup is not malware trying to trick me into authorizing a payload. Since having the updates doesn't get rid of the message, is there any way to determine if it is fake? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only get the popup about updates when using IE, not Edge or Firefox,

On Windows 10, you will NOT get the update notification for IE, or Edge, as Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX in IE and Edge and Flash Player ActiveX for IE/Edge updates are release by Microsoft via Windows Updates.

Please post a screenshot of the Flash Player Settings Manager > Updates tab

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Flash Player

If you do not see the Flash Player item, select to View items by small icons

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as you update, to avoid this situation in the future, just check  "Allow Adobe to Install Updates (recommended)".  This will remove the hassle factor of having mulitple distinct Flash instances installed for each of your browser, and will ensure that you're getting critical security updates quickly and easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Also, as you update, to avoid this situation in the future, just check  "Allow Adobe to Install Updates (recommended)".  This will remove the hassle factor of having mulitple distinct Flash instances installed for each of your browser, and will ensure that you're getting critical security updates quickly and easily."

This is redicilous.

I want controll over my system and not automatic updates. The "hassle" is that dumb popup I can't turn off and guess whose fault that is. Yours.

Americans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines