Keyboard keys not working properly for flash games

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Google Chrome (PPAPI)
  • Windows 10
  • Flash version 32.0.0.101

Recently, two issues have been occurring when I try to use flash player on my computer:

1. Each time I go on a new website, I constantly need to allow permission for adobe flash player to run, it's annoying. When           I go to settings, there is no option to always allow.

2. Each time I try to play a game that requires flash, the keyboard keys do not work properly. If I press a button to move a           character to the right once, the character continues moving right for some reason, This works with all the keys on           various different websites for various different games.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Each time I go on a new website, I constantly need to allow permission for adobe flash player to run, it's annoying. When           I go to settings, there is no option to always allow.

This is a recent change in Chrome 69, released in September.  Per Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects

Non-Persisted HTML5 by Default (Target: Chrome 69 - September 2018)

Summary

Sites using Flash will require explicit permission to run, every time the user restarts the browser.

Rationale

Require affirmative user choice to run Flash Player content, without that choice persisting across multiple sessions.

2. Each time I try to play a game that requires flash, the keyboard keys do not work properly. If I press a button to move a           character to the right once, the character continues moving right for some reason, This works with all the keys on           various different websites for various different games.

Please provide link to exact content that is exhibiting the behaviour.

Note: Adobe's North American offices are closed until January 1, 2019.  Replies from staff members will be delayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the links are game sites where I've had this problem:

www.y8.com

www.realmofthemadgod.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My best guess is that this has to do with the language or locale settings on your computer and bad assumptions made in the design of those games.

A couple things would be interesting to know:

• Do you have this problem in other browsers (IE, Edge, Firefox, etc.) ?
    • This would tell us if it's unique to a particular browser, or a system-wide issue.  Chrome can be more aggressive about adopting newer internationalization features, and I'm guessing that this is what's happening.
  • What language and locale are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines