• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

last flashplayer update have Suspicious_GEN.F47V1010 !!

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi ,

after downloading the new version  of flashplayer >"flashplayer28ppau_ha_install"  from the official site,

i scan it in virustotal.com it show Suspicious_GEN.F47V1010 : ScreenShot_20171216102443.png

look also here .

i read about it and they said :

"the Suspicious_GEN.F47V1010 is a System malware to take benefits from the innocent user. After the infiltration of such harmful threat the functionality of the System ... etc "

Explain whats happening here to me please ?  on which proof should i trust this and keep it in my computer ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player installers are scanned for viruses prior to uploaded to the CDN.  According to VirusTotal, only TrendMicro is reporting this suspicion (https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/54833cea700f1751aa60c8e9f47f001c2a1481543d21f15be23b429478f37a5f/d... )  With that said, I will forward  your post and the VirusTotal results to the online installer team to investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me tell you something, We are not stupid. You are using 3rd party shit to fund your stuff. This adobe flashplayer bullshit downloaded a browser hijacker called anysearch. This is outrageous. It tookover google chrome AND safari. Dont give me that "we scan" bulllshit. DO NOT USE 3RD PARTY EXTENSIONS OR ADWARE OR BROWSER HIJACKERS. I cannot believe this happened. I am very disappointed in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@caseyc61500108

Flash Player does NOT install anysearch.  If you installed Flash Player and it installed anysearch you downloaded a fake malicious Flash Player installer from a site other than Adobe's Flash Player download site.

If you know which site you downloaded the malicious installer from, please report it it phishing@adobe.com

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a random web page for a flash player update. Very good looking page as if it comes from Adobe. As soon as it comes Defender opens and tells me there's "something wrong" and will not let it go any further. I have "NEVER" opened this page,

https://iu2quthesurvivalmom.net/84153608082180/0cd2136eebf56f153829b025979b53c6/adb4ecc1ba2420ae6599...

and Defender catches this virus from it, Trojan:JS/Flafisi,D I thought Adobe may want to look into this site and put a stop to it.

My Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware do not catch this Trojan, it's just caught by Defender and immediately quarantined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sardonicus

Thank you for reporting.  I've forwarded your post to our fraud team.  In the future, please feel free to report it directly to phishing@adobe.com.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the quick response. I’ve been getting this same “notification” for over a month now. If the fraud team has any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines