• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Chrome doesn't allow system Flash Player plugin

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an article on Adobe site how to turn on system Flash Player and turn off Pepper Flash on Chrome. Enable system Flash Player in Google Chrome | Windows | Mac

With latest Chrome it doesn't work anymore. System plugin is not displayed in plugins list. Please advise anyone!

Thanks,

S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Hi SergStone

Google has been planning to deprecate the NPAPI plug-in for a long time. According to this post Chromium Blog: The Final Countdown for NPAPI NPAPI plugins will be disabled by default in April 2015.  This post does contain instructions on overriding the default disabling of the plug-in.  If you have the latest version of Chrome (42) it's most likely why you're not seeing it there. More info here NPAPI deprecation: developer guide - The Chromium Projects and if you do an internet searc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SergStone

Google has been planning to deprecate the NPAPI plug-in for a long time. According to this post Chromium Blog: The Final Countdown for NPAPI NPAPI plugins will be disabled by default in April 2015.  This post does contain instructions on overriding the default disabling of the plug-in.  If you have the latest version of Chrome (42) it's most likely why you're not seeing it there. More info here NPAPI deprecation: developer guide - The Chromium Projects and if you do an internet search for 'chrome npapi' you'll get lots more info on this.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is useful information.

How do we get the PPAPI version of the plugin to be feature complete?

For example, my Logitech C930e cam behaves differently under the two different plugins.

The aspect ratio is different, and under the PPAPI version the microphone simply does not work.

Is the evolution of the PPAPI version and the identification and elimination of missing bits  covered in another Adobe Forum topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this thread https://forums.adobe.com/message/7447384#7447384 I was advised to file a bug at Adobe's bug database.

I'm going to raise issues I face with, but I need to make some testing first.

I found out that "Pepper" Flash embedded into Chrome and "PPAPI" Flash on Adobe site are different plugins, so after installing latter I can see both in "plugins".

I wonder if problems I observe in Chrome's Pepper Flash are the same in "PPAPI".

do you suffer same problems in both PPAPI plugins (Pepper and Adobe's)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi poetnerd,

The system plugin (pepflashplayer.dll) is listed by default in the list of plug-ins since that's the one that is embedded by Google.  The pepflashplayer[32|64]_versionNumber.dll is the non-system plugin (downloaded from adobe.com).  Here's what chrome://plugins looks like when both are installed on a Windows system:

Capture.JPG

Both the plugins have feature parity.  If you're encountering performance issues with the non-system plugin, please file a bug at https://bugbase.adobe.com.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

We compared both NPAPI and PPAPI in our application, and found that quality of picture is worse in PPAPI. It looks like fonts are rendered as bitmaps rather than vectors.

Especially this is visible in printing. This is the most outstanding difference why we claim we don't support Pepper flash. It looks like no one else knows these issues. What do we do wrong?

PrintComparison.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SergStone,

I have asked someone who is more familiar with this functionality (my area of focus is the installers) to take a look at your post.  Have you filed a bug yet, on this issue?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

i just entered Bug 3973415, but I don't wait someone would answer.

I will try to file one more bug with printing, which is more critical than this one.

Sergei.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the bug.  It would be great if you could attach a FLA and SWF that demonstrate the issue.  This is not something that we see in our PPAPI Chrome testing, so it would be useful to debug with one of your examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached simple HelloWorld application to the bug reported, as well as two PDFs, showing Print difference.

Looks like PPAPI is always a rastered image. This results to blurred image on screen and on paper. Could someone confirm that, and if this is going to be fixed in nearest future? This is the main reason of why we ask users to use NPAPI rather than PPAPI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Maria.  I will take some time in the next few days to test.

If I can find useful test cases I will submit bug reports.

It is nice to know that there is at least one company left that actually acts on bug reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CloudReady allows both automatic updates, AND media plugins.

So the first time you setup CloudReady, Install the and setup Flash Player plugin/site setting for Adobe Flash can run, I recomend also installing the Proprietary Media Components plugin.

See this post for a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines