• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Let's get back to the Basics

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so tired of having to jump through all these hoops to use Flash, that I want to ask a simple, basic, logical question

From the first  time I used a PC and Microsoft -- I've always been told "Flash Is Blocked By Default."

WHY?

Why couldn't the code be written so either, the USER could block Flash if they wished?

Or, at the very least, it was undecided -- and it was, again, up to the USER to determine whether he wanted Flash to be BLOCKED by default or ALLOWED by default.

Usually something like this would mean the developers have something comparable to Flash and they want you to try it first.

But, that's not the case here and I can't get a rational answer as to why this all started in the first place.

All it seems to do is add to people's frustration.  We hear that "Google will not be supporting Flash after a certain date." Or pehaps it's "Flash will not be supporting Google" after that date,.

However, it doesn't matter because no where do they inform the user how he is going to be able to compensate for this AFTER that date.

And Microsoft EDGE -- which had as one of its selling points the fact that Flash was built-in and didn't have to be loaded?

But, apparently during some Windows update a subroutine was added and now I have to go in and tell Edge to allow Flash to run.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Because guess what -- with all your posturing and telling us you're looking out for our safety and that's why certain things are no longer allowed.

That's not the reason -- it's ALWAYS 'All About the Benjamins".

ALWAYS.  The only reason I put up with this is because I haven't figured out what to do. But, that will come. S

Someone, somewhere had created an OS that does what I've suggested. A browser, too. And, they won't make us crazy will eliminating so many features in the interest of safety BEFORE the rest of the industry had made the appropriate adjustments. (And, you wonder why people seem to be flocking to Apple?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Thanks for your feedback and I understand your pain and frustration.

Everything you've outlined is browser-related (i.e browser vendor controlled), not Flash-related.  In July 2017 Adobe announced its plans to end-of-life Flash at the end of 2020.  At the same time, the major browser vendors (Google, Firefox, Apple, Microsoft) announced plans to phase out Flash support to meet that schedule.  However, in the interim, the browser vendors continue to make the user-experience more and more difficult

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not something that Adobe controls, so you need to ask Microsoft

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are all subject to this sad behavior, and for sure your complain must go to the authors of your disappointment which are the developers of browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback and I understand your pain and frustration.

Everything you've outlined is browser-related (i.e browser vendor controlled), not Flash-related.  In July 2017 Adobe announced its plans to end-of-life Flash at the end of 2020.  At the same time, the major browser vendors (Google, Firefox, Apple, Microsoft) announced plans to phase out Flash support to meet that schedule.  However, in the interim, the browser vendors continue to make the user-experience more and more difficult by increasing the friction between the browser and Flash, thus degrading the user experience.  To keep up with these changes, content creators need to modify their Flash detection scripts for the browser to correctly detect Flash and prompt the user to allow/unblock Flash.

I've not seen a similar Flash support roadmap from Apple nor Microsoft.

However, it doesn't matter because no where do they inform the user how he is going to be able to compensate for this AFTER that date.

The Chrome and Firefox roadmap links above address this.  It's probably safe to assume Microsoft and Apple will do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines