• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licence Agreement is unreasonably long - How to install without reading?

Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install Flash Player unless you read dozens of pages of License Agreement.

Surely this is unreasonable? Most people don't have time for that. I'm a very slow reader so I normally just scan-read License Agreements and search for the aspects which concern me. I simply don't have time to read the whole thing and I don't think most people will.

To make things worse, the License Agreement is difficult to find, and the installer dialog is 'always on top' which makes it hard to even see the License Agreement beneath.

Is there any way to install Flash Player without having to read the License Agreement? Most programs only require you to accept the Agreement rather than reading them.

Also, surely this is encouraging users to lie? I'm a very honest person but even I have thought about saying I'd read the Agreement without reading it all. It's just an unreasonable thing to demand that people read it all. Basically Adobe is corrupting people's morals by forcing slow readers to lie.

It sucks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install Flash Player without reading the agreement. 

The online installer has a link to the license agreement on the page itself, so after downloading the installer itself, there is nothing more to do to view/accept the license agreement, simply proceed with installation.

The offline installer has a check-box that must be selected before the Install button becomes active.

If you're experiencing something different, please provide the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, Maria.

I'm using Firefox and followed the instructions to install Flash Player in this Mozilla guide:

Install the Flash plugin to view videos, animations and games | Firefox Help

The guide gives a link to the regular installer page, but that didn't work for me as I was still getting javascript up and running at the time, so instead I followed the guide's alternative installer link (which I presume is what you call the "offline installer"):

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe​

So I'm glad to hear that the "online" installer doesn't require reading the full Agreement, but it still seems wrong that any version of the installer should require it. It also seems a little strange that the "offline" installer requires people to go online to read the Agreement. Surely it should be included with the offline package?

Anyway, I think I've put my points across which may be helpful to someone. Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying and the feedback.  The offline/full installer is what you are using.  Again, no requirement to actually read the agreement.  Just click the check-box to enable the 'Install' button:

Clicking anywhere on the 'I have read and agree to the terms of the Flash Player License Agreement' text will place the check in the check-box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's true that there is "no requirement to actually read the agreement" then perhaps Adobe could save people a lot of time and change the wording of the checkbox to say "I agree to the terms" instead of "I have read and agree to the terms"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines