• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live lesson help

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im trying to download the recent flash player 11.2 or whatever for school to do the live lessons and its telling me its already updated to the latest one and wont let me do what i need to do for school? and i dont know what to do 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019
What *is* probably happening, is that you need to activate Flash Player. Chrome blocks Flash by default. The site doesn't see it, so assumes it's not installed. If you click the lock icon in the address bar and choose Adobe Flash Player > Allow, you should be good to go. It's also worth complaining to the elearning vendor, as Flash Player support will be removed in Chrome soon. If they don't have a migration plan that moves them away from Flash in the near-term, you're going to have huge te...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.2 is not recent. It is many many years out of date, and toxic.

Focus on the messages from your school site. (By the way, Flash is going away at the end of 2020, if your course lasts longer than that you should ask what their plans are after that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it said that or above but its like i have the link thats supposed to take me to the live lesson page but it redirects me to a page where it says "Adobe Connect requires Flash Player 11.2 or above. Adobe Connect requires the Flash Player plugin, version 11.2 or above. Please download and install the Flash Player to continue." and then i click that link and it tells me 'your Chromebook already includes the latest Adobe® Flash® Player built-in containing all known security fixes. It will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available. " but its like then why cant i access the live lesson then with the link my teacher provides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, a ChromeBook. Well you cannot download ANYTHING to a ChromeBook, they don't work that way. You may need to turn on Flash Player in your settings on in Chrome. (Apparently many schools are ignoring the problem, and their courses will stop working forever soon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Flash Player system requirements. https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html You need a Windows, Mac or Linux OS. Chrome OS won't cut it.
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is actually a built-in component of Chrome (and Chrome on ChromeOS). The bits are distributed directly by Google, so there's nothing for you to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
What *is* probably happening, is that you need to activate Flash Player. Chrome blocks Flash by default. The site doesn't see it, so assumes it's not installed. If you click the lock icon in the address bar and choose Adobe Flash Player > Allow, you should be good to go. It's also worth complaining to the elearning vendor, as Flash Player support will be removed in Chrome soon. If they don't have a migration plan that moves them away from Flash in the near-term, you're going to have huge technology headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines