Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading Page Running Adobe Flash Player is Slow

Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently running Adobe Flash Player 25.0.0.127 on a Windows 7 PC using Internet Explorer 11.

When I open a webpage running Flash Player, it takes upwards of 25 seconds to load the Flash Player content.  It seems like the more pages I open that are using Flash Player eventually causes the page to open in seconds.

This started happening three or four updates ago.  It may be coincidental that the problem started happening after I reverted back to Windows 7 from Windows 10.

Why does it take so long for the webpage running Flash Player to load?

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to say.  There are a finite amount of resources (Memory, CPU time) on the system.  Each open tab consumes resources.  Windows 8 and higher does a better job of mitigating that by stopping each tab that isn't actually visible and saving off the state, but that definitely isn't happening on Windows 7.

What it sounds like to me based on the description that the behavior degrades precipitously over time, is that the system is exhausting usable RAM, and paging memory to disk.  Disk-based virtual memory is on the order of 100,000 times slower than physical RAM.  We also require contiguous blocks of available memory, so it's also possible that you have some free memory available, but it's fragmented in a way that we can't find sufficiently large contiguous blocks, which would also land you in a similar outcome with regard to virtual memory.

Also, upgrading and downgrading operating systems is always a little scary.  It could be that something is wonky with the system state. There aren't enough specifics here to go check the behavior you're seeing against a known-good machine, but my sense is that this is specific to your system, and/or could be alleviated by only running a small number of tabs simultaneously.  If the problem persists after a reboot with only 1-2 tabs in play, then my thesis here is totally wrong, and some details would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just rebooted and opened 2 tabs.  The page load was slow.  I opened 2 more tabs, each with the same result.  However, the page loaded fast when I opened a fifth tab.  The CPU jumped up to 30% for the former tabs (and dropped back to 0% after the page loaded), but remained low for the fifth tab.  The memory utilization remained below 30% throughout the load.  I noticed the Adobe Flash Player Installer/Uninstaller was running during the page load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines