• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LoadMovie on Layers other than 0 crashes in C# application

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a C# application that uses Flash control. We play multiple movies in different layers. When movies are loaded in layers other than 0, the application crashes with an access violation. Here is a sample code:

int iLayer = Int32.Parse(tbLayer.Text);

axShockwaveFlash1.LoadMovie(iLayer, tbName.Text);

axShockwaveFlash1.Play();

I the above code if the value of iLayer is set to 0, it works but any other value would give the following on the LoadMovie function:

.net Framework: 4.5.2

Flash version : 25.0.0.171

The last successful version was 22.0.0.192. All version after that crashes the application.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a use-case that we explicitly test or support.  We know that Flash Player does occasionally get embedded in desktop applications, and we try not to break things unnecessarily.  For the record, our supported and recommended path for creating Flash-based desktop applications is Adobe AIR.

I'd recommend that you file a bug at http://tracker.adobe.com/, and include sufficient detail to allow us to reproduce it under a debugger.  I'd highly encourage you to include an example executable that demonstrates the problem.  If we have to have someone set up a C#/.net development environment just to reproduce the bug, vs. just inspecting the crash under a debugger with symbols, it will linger in the queue behind bugs on supported configurations.

For completeness, please see the following guide on how to report a crash:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/report-flash-player-crash.html

If you reply here with the bug number, I'll get an email notification and will surface it for further evaluation.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I have filed a bug report (FP-4198533) and also uploaded a sample test application where the problem can be reproducted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reproduced*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic, thanks for doing that.  We'll take a look and update the bug as we know more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's been over a month I reported "FP-4198533". How do I know when somebody will look at this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You won't see any activity on the bug until it's resolved.  I realize that's not terribly helpful.  In terms of general timelines, if a fix is even feasible, it will be on the order of months before it reaches the general population.

If this is a business critical issue for you and the timeframe and/or uncertainty isn't acceptable, I'd recommend looking for an alternate engineering solution, and would probably recommend C# if there's a hard requirement for using C# for the rest of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines