Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local storage settings

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am hoping this is a simple one.  The following link details how to change the local storage settings in flash from the default 100kb to which ever option suits best.  Adobe - Flash Player : Help - Local Storage Settings.

I just wanted to know if you were to change the setting, ie: to 1mb, where does it write this value to?  I ask because we are looking to use group policy to manage this value for particular workers/departments and if it's just a registry tweak or amendment to a file then we can centrally manage this.

I have looked at the forums and have not found anyone with a similar query.

Thanks

B​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set this via mms.cfg. 

See the LocalStorageLimit directive on pp.38 of the system administrator's guide, here:

Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the late delay, I thought I would get an email notification if there was a response.

I can see two copies of the mms.cfg on my Windows 7 machine, and they reside in:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

I tried amending them in turn, and then both at the same time with the following addition:

AssetCacheSize=1

I also tried different value's to 1 (5,10 etc) but whenever opening the browser and checking Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Global Storage Settings Panel  the default of 100kb is still there.

If I manually change the default via the web console I cannot see it writing back to the mms.cfg either.

Have I missed something obvious?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general, you won't see mms.cfg directives reflected in the UI.  My guess is that if you wrote a little test that attempted to write an LSO that met or exceeded the defined size, you'd be able to confirm that it was behaving as expected.

Similarly, if you disabled camera/mic access via an administrative mms.cfg directive, users would be able to play with the UI, but the directive would override anything they set.

It's not ideal, but modifying the UI is problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines