• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

logitech webcamC525

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure if this  is even something you can help me with. But I will ask anyway after the windows updateKB5991567    i ca n longer  get my webcam to work. i can take a video  and send to desktop but  ai am not seeing the video  what  i see  is just an  icon to the video from windows mediaplayer i donot see the  actual video after the update and  i have no way to uninstall the update. spent most of the day with  windows support treying to help this is wht  i got today from logitech.

know and  i can not  uninstall the update either so it does have something to do wirh adobe flash player

On 3/24/2021 11:04 AM, Logi Support wrote:

Jessica (Logi)

Mar 24, 2021, 3:04 PM UTC

Dear Mary​,

Thank you for getting back to us and we apologize for the inconvenience that it caused you, I tried to check online for the issue that you currently having to play your saved video, However as per checking Microsoft has released a Windows update that removes Adobe's Flash Player before it reaches end of support on December 31, 2020. and they didn't provide any details for a substitute on how we can access a saved file video, 

Have you contacted Microsoft about it ? 

Thank you, 

Please feel free to respond to this email.

Thank you,
Logitech Support

Logitech.com |
Privacy + Security
| Contact Us | Terms of Use

© Copyright 2020 Logitech. All rights reserved. Logitech, the Logitech logo and other Logitech marks are owned by Logitech and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
[OWGKWL-2VPZ]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

I'm not finding any information on windows update KB5991567.  Is this the correct update?

Flash Player reached end-of-life at the end of 2020 and most browser vendors have removed support for Flash Player. 

With that said, Adobe, and browser vendors announced in July 2017 that Flash Player would reach end of life at the end of 2020.  This gave content providers (in this case Logitech) over 3 years to prepare and remove Flash Player support from their products. Logitech is the one that needs to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Short answer: you need new webcam software. 

If Logitech hasn't developed a non-flash-based alternative for that model by now, chances are they never will.  You'll probably need a new webcam.  Ask Logitech for a loyalty discount.  The worst they can say is "no."

https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-webcams

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not finding any information on windows update KB5991567.  Is this the correct update?

Flash Player reached end-of-life at the end of 2020 and most browser vendors have removed support for Flash Player. 

With that said, Adobe, and browser vendors announced in July 2017 that Flash Player would reach end of life at the end of 2020.  This gave content providers (in this case Logitech) over 3 years to prepare and remove Flash Player support from their products. Logitech is the one that needs to fix this in their product to use some other technology besides Flash.

Logitech's comment "However as per checking Microsoft has released a Windows update that removes Adobe's Flash Player before it reaches end of support on December 31, 2020." is confusing.  I wonder if they are referring to KB4577586, which while released last year, was optional, not required, and users had to actively look for it and run it to remove the bundled Flash Player. It was only within the last month or so that Microsoft started including this in their update (see https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-force-installs-windows-10-update-to-remove...)

For reference:

Browser support information:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Short answer: you need new webcam software. 

If Logitech hasn't developed a non-flash-based alternative for that model by now, chances are they never will.  You'll probably need a new webcam.  Ask Logitech for a loyalty discount.  The worst they can say is "no."

https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-webcams

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines