• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS Catalina upgrade / install issues

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

running current version of Catalina (10.15.4) on my late model iMac.

I tried to update the flash player, and it failed at about 58%, I followed the suggestions and used the adobe uninstaller and remvoed the flash player completetly.  When I tried to download and run the installer to install the upgraded version, it fails also around 58%.  When I go back to adobe for help it tellms me that I am runnning 32.0.0.223 and its outdated.  I cant remove what I dont have, and I cant upgrade because it fails.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser (including version) are you using?

If you go to System Preferences, is there a Flash Player item listed?  If so, click on it to launch the Flash Player Settings Manager and then navigate to the Updates tab.  What is the NPAPI and/or PPAPI version listed, if any?

Example:

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 11.19.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari, 13.1

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.16.32 PM.png

I do not have a flash icon in my system preferences, it was removed during uninstall.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.17.14 PM.png

and yet when I browse to the Flash page to check version I get this.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.18.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on the screenshots, it appears Flash Player isn't completley uninstalled and there's some Flash Player artifacts left on the system, or possibly still in Safari memory.  If Flash Player is completely uninstalled, the version check chiclet would not return a version:

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 7.15.10 AM.png

Please try the following:

1. Download the uninstaller: uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg
  2. Download the installer: Flash Player for Safari and Firefox - NPAPI
  3. Print or save as PDF the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? section for obtaining the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files (ignore the other 2 files listed in the FAQ)
  4. Exit out of all applications that may use Flash Player (restarting the system and deselecting 'reopen windows when logging back in' is the best way to ensure applications that may use Flash Player are not running)
  5. Ensure applications that may use Flash Player are completely exited out of and run the uninstaller downloaded in step 1
  6. After the uninstaller completes, check the /Library/Internet Plug-ins directory for Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt files.  If either of these are present, delete them and empty the trash folder
  7. Restart the machine, ensuring to deselect 'reopen windows when logging back in'
  8. Configure your sytem to obtain the logs written to install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files as noted in the FAQ in step 3.
    1. This is in case there is an error when you run the installer in the next step.
  9. Run the installer downloaded in step 2
  10. If installation fails, gather the files from step 8 and upload them to Cloud Documents (see How to share a document), or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require account log in, and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines