• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS problems after installing Flash Player

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Flash ver. 26.0.0.137 on a MacBook Pro with OS X El Capitan, ver 10.11.06. After trying to update FlashPlayer and being told I have a later ver already installed, I found that some things had changed. (1) Safari's home page was changed drastically. (2) The dots below the open apps in the Dock no longer appear, so I can no longer swipe between open full screen windows, and don't know what apps are open. What happened and how can I get things back to the normal we like!? To whom or what or where can I file a formal complaint?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing Flash Player would not change your dock behavior or the Safari home page. 

Unfortunately, because Flash Player is ubiquitous, it's a popular target for impersonation by malware authors.  It's incredibly difficult to install software without the user's permission, so malware authors tend to focus on the weak link, which is now the human factor.  I'm a little concerned that you were tricked into downloading something that wasn't actually our installer.

I'm also very curious about what your Safari looks like now.  A screenshot would be very informative.

How to create a screenshot in the Adobe forums:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Also, do you happen to still have a copy of the installer that you ran?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines