• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS system requirements for flash 32.0.0.255 no longer support 10.6

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the security vulnerabilities in flash I'd like to stay current. You're supporting Windows XP - why not continue to support older versions of Mac OS? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Apple is actually way more aggressive about deprecating APIs than Windows, which tries to maintain backwards compatibility as a general rule.  Both philosphies have their merit, but the requirements for newer versions of MacOS (and implications on the requisite tooling for building and compiling code) often box us into corners where it makes sense drop support for older MacOS versions.  It's also generally the case that we only start considering dropping old versions when usage is in low single-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

必要システム構成ページとしては下記だと思います。

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

確かにWindows環境は比較的古いものまでサポートはされていますが、Mac用OSの場合はOS側の互換性にも依存しますので、その維持として難しい面があります。

いずれにしても古いOS環境は継続しての利用としては難しいもので、それはどちらのOSでも変わりありません。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm unable to update my OS to the minimum system requirement. I'll disable flash since it frequently has security vulnerabilities and the updates no longer support my operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple is actually way more aggressive about deprecating APIs than Windows, which tries to maintain backwards compatibility as a general rule.  Both philosphies have their merit, but the requirements for newer versions of MacOS (and implications on the requisite tooling for building and compiling code) often box us into corners where it makes sense drop support for older MacOS versions.  It's also generally the case that we only start considering dropping old versions when usage is in low single-digits and it's sufficiently painful to keep it going. 

You always want to keep anything tasked with processing inherently untrusted content (your browser, operating system, flash player, etc.) updated.  There's a long list of known vulns on MacOS 10.6 that have been patched in subsequent releases.  We would definitely not recommend browsing the web with an old Flash Player, but that goes for your OS and browser, too.  The last update to MacOS 10.6 shipped in 2011.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines