• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAC osX not letting me download flash player

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried multiple times to download flash player. Whenever I close safari or try to go to safari-->preferences-->security-->plug in settings... then there is no "install flash player' that comes up. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari's default save-to location is the user's Download directory (~/Users/YourUserID/Downloads), the install file wouldn't be in Safari's Preferences

After installing Flash, if you need to enable it, the setting is now in Safari > Preferences > Websites.  Older versions of Safari have the plug-in setting in Security, but not newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an option that says "websites"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even download it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't even download it!

What happens when you attempt to download it.?  Please provide specific details on the issue.  Best way to do this is in providing reproducible steps.  For example:

1. Launch Safari and navigate to https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer
  2. Click Install Now button
  3. etc...
  4. etc..

Result.

The installer should download (usually to the Downloads folder) upon clicking Install Now button.

If there's an error, post a screenshot of the error.  For assistance in taking/posting screenshots, see https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

I have safari 10.11 actually

What mac OS version are you using?  There is no Safari version 10.11 (Safari version history - Wikipedia ).   I suspect you're referring to macOS 10.11

The version of Safari on macOS 10.11 is Safari 11, and it should have a Websites tab in Safari > Preferences. 

If, by chance, you have OS X 10.10, then that version of Safari (10.1) does not have the Websites tab.

Please post the following screenshots:

• mac OS version:
    • click the Apple icon on the top left of the screen
    • In the menu, select About This Mac
    • An information window will display with the OS version and other information.  Take a screenshot of this window
  • Safari > Preferences window

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have safari 10.11 actually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines