Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac's cam doesn't work in Omegle.com

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I have experimented a few problems using my FaceTime HD cam on my new MacBook Pro.

I was surfing the web when I decided to go on Omegle.com using my cam, but it requires Adobe Flash Player.

So, I installed it, then I quit Safari to complete the set up but finished all the operation other people were not able to see me.

I tried also to turn off my Mac and I used Chrome, but the problem persists.

I also took a look at the settings but nothing seems wrong.

Anyone can help me?

I definitely have no ideas how to fix this.

TOPICS
OS , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure Flash is enable in Chrome and Safari.  See:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything's okay!
But it's not still working.

Everything is updated. I have really no idea what I could do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, I just purchased the MacBook Pro 2017 13" and used bootcamp to install x64bit windows 10 pro. After installing all the bootcamp drivers and updating windows 10, I tested the camera with built in windows camera app and it worked fine. So I installed chrome and attempted to use omegle's chat website and at first I got no options for camera after I allowed flash, but after refreshing page/restarting chrome I was able to select HD FaceTime Camera, but it comes up black screen for my window and my camera light does not come on, I have allowed all settings through content settings and privacy through windows 10...

Please help us fix this!

http://i.imgur.com/hTVksz4.png

http://i.imgur.com/UfDzQQ8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to update: Still doesnt work with ANY browsers including Firefox/edge/explorer/chrome, I get the same black screen after allowing access / flash. It shows the name of the camera but nothing shows up, no light turns on... but again the camera works fine with other apps that dont use flash/browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in this case, you should force close Omegle  and them re-open Omegle

Second, you should use VPN to open if necessary

Third : Apple sudo killall VDCAssistant Command - Source - https://www.howtoisolve.com/fix-camera-not-working-on-macbook-pro-air/  

You should Reset SMC at least one on your Mac using this way How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe safari doesn't work well with Omegle. I downloaded chrome in my browser and Omegle works well now. Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bear in mind Flash Player will be gone at the end of the year. See what plans Omegle have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines