Highlighted

Macintosh: Flash Player does not recognize external webcam

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the Adobe Flashplayer does not recognize an external webcam on my iMac. When I open Settings and try to choose a camera, it offers:

DV Video
IIDC FirWire Video
USB Video Class Video

The last entry activates the built-in iSight camera, but not the Logitech Camera which is connected via USB. If I choose one of the other options, the picture freezes, but it does not activate the external Logitech cam.

The Computer recognizes the Logitech Cam alright, it works fine with other apps (Skype, iChat). Does anyone have an idea what can be the problem?

Webcam: Logitech Vision Pro USB für Mac, nagelneu
Computer: Intel Mac, OSX Tiger 10.4.?

Browser: Mozilla Firefox

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Macintosh: Flash Player does not recognize external webcam

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the Adobe Flashplayer does not recognize an external webcam on my iMac. When I open Settings and try to choose a camera, it offers:

DV Video
IIDC FirWire Video
USB Video Class Video

The last entry activates the built-in iSight camera, but not the Logitech Camera which is connected via USB. If I choose one of the other options, the picture freezes, but it does not activate the external Logitech cam.

The Computer recognizes the Logitech Cam alright, it works fine with other apps (Skype, iChat). Does anyone have an idea what can be the problem?

Webcam: Logitech Vision Pro USB für Mac, nagelneu
Computer: Intel Mac, OSX Tiger 10.4.?

Browser: Mozilla Firefox

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 07, 2009 0
lyla_tay LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to work through similar problems, as have many other Mac users from what it looks like.  Here's a quote from a post I found in Apple's forum:

----
My Logictech 9000 doesn't show up in the Flash video source dropdown for me either. Selecting USB camera just selects the iSight.

However, I did find a workaround: it seems to choose the first available usb webcam, which is typically the built-in iSight. If you have a mac mini with no built-in iSight, it uses the external camera by default. For my MacBook, I found the trick was to make the iSight busy by opening Photo Booth first, then opening the flash chat page.  That causes the flash player to find and use the external USB webcam. 

Note: your webcam probably has to support the new standard USB Video plug-and-play protocol for this to work, and perhaps only on Leopard.

-----

Here's the link to the page where I found this post:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1374761

Hopefully this works for you if you haven't already found a solution - I see you posted back in April!  I'm sorry that no one attempted to answer your question before now, including the Adobe people who staff these forums!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2009 0