Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacKeeper abuse

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am using MacBook OS high Sierra 10.13.1, Safari version 11.01 the last flash player installed today.

I have my problem since 4th of November.

I have played bridge at www.bridgebase.com for at least 5 years. Since 4th of November, when I log in www.bridgebase.com, I have been redirected to a page telling me my computer is infected with 2 viruses and 1 trojan , system damage 28.1 % and I need to install MacKeeper. I asked Apple Care to check my computer. They found it is just an add, no harm and suggested to contact Adobe and BBO.

BBO stopped adds going to my computer. It didn't help. The other browser- Mozilla was affected also.

Shortly not only BBO but every site started to crash in every 2 minutes. I installed few add blockers recommended by apple store without success. Antivirus programs didn't find any virus.

Finally, I installed some "link checker" which let me use browsers but still I saw it blocks that mackeeper when I log in some sites.While I was installing that "link checker" I got prompt  that it collects all my passwords!? which makes me feel unsecured.

Apple care has helped me to completely erase my SSD and install OS again.

Everything went ok  until I typed www.bridgebase.com .I have been asked to download flash player so I did and the problem raised again.

Any suggestions?

I don't know how to attach screenshots.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a Flash Player issue.  This is going to be a site issue, or something else with your system (malware, adware, etc).  Essentially, it sounds like you're getting fake Flash Player update notifications.  Flash Player doesn't have anything to do with MacKeeper, not is it an optional third party offer offered with the Flash Player installer.

BBO stopped adds going to my computer.

If this only happens on that one website, it's an add on that site, or something that is getting injected into the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Maria, 

It happens to every site using adobe flash. Here is an example - facebook based game.

https://apps.facebook.com/santapop/?fb_source=bookmark&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=_0

What happens every time is : Erase HD -> install OS->run computer without problems--->go to site using flash ->can't open it->go to adobe.com->download flash->run it--->being redirected to a site telling me my computer is in risk because of 2 viruses and 1 trojan.Did that 3 times. Feeling lost

Greetings:Daniela

On Friday, November 17, 2017, 1:33:35 AM GMT+2, maria__ <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

MacKeeper abuse

created by maria__ in Using Flash Player - View the full discussion

This isn't a Flash Player issue.  This is going to be a site issue, or something else with your system (malware, adware, etc).  Essentially, it sounds like you're getting fake Flash Player update notifications.  Flash Player doesn't have anything to do with MacKeeper, not is it an optional third party offer offered with the Flash Player installer.

BBO stopped adds going to my computer.

If this only happens on that one website, it's an add on that site, or something that is getting injected into the site.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9976997#9976997 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9976997#9976997

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Using Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player has nothing to do with Mac Keeper,  the issue you are experiencing is not related to the official Flash Player.  There is something else going on with your computer, or the hardware you use to access the internet.  There have been instances of routers being infected with malware resulting in similar symptoms to what you are experiencing.  I'm sorry we can't provide further assistance in troubleshooting your computer or internet hardware.  I recommend contacting a trusted IT security person for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines