• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macOS 10.13 error "download damaged and should be sent to trash" attempting to install Flash Player

Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did this with High Sierra 10.13 on new Mac Book Pro, and keep getting "download damaged and should be sent to trash".  Will not install.  I even reinstalled High Sierra, but Safari browser preferences does not show flash player plug-in.  Any further ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure your system is configured to allow installations from identified developers:

• Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General
  • In the 'Allow apps downloaded from' section, ensure 'Mac App Store and identified developers' option is selected.

Also ensure the date & time on your system is configured correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried "Allow apps downloaded from Mac and identified developers", under System Preferences>Security & Privacy> General, then restarted. I'd also trashed all previous downloads and emptied the trash, just in case. Then selected Flash from System Preferfences and NPAPI plug-in not installed, and selected update. This got me the Adobe download site, attempted the download again, and STILL get "download damaged and should be sent to trash" message. So, this didn't work.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the next day. I quit attempting to fix the Flash Player problem yesterday, as nothing worked. This morning, I tried to get the On Demand system again on xfinity, which I know uses Flash, and got the usual "missing plug-in" message. I figured I was out of luck, but followed the prompts to update Flash, and it worked! I have no idea if you guys did something, or Apple did something, or even if xfinity might have done something, but who cares? So, anybody having Flash problems on Mac should just try it again and see.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update.  I'm glad you were able to successfully install Flash Player.  To my knowledge nothing changed with the installer files on our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria, I want to thank you for your help in this matter. I was fully prepared to just drop the matter when the earlier suggestions for fixes were unsuccessful, and to have you drop the matter as well when I withdrew. Instead, you emailed me and made it clear you were still concerned and prepared to assist me. That was an extra step on your part, one I didn't expect but appreciated a great deal. So, thank you, Maria. You are most welcome to help me anytime again.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines