• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Malware in Adobe update

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am traveling in China and Flash update installed Chinese malware called "flash helper services"  from 2144.  Chinese language entertainment options I can't read pop up on my screen now.  This is absolutely absurd thing to happen from a respected company like Adobe.  How do I get rid of this

!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, just uninstall Flash player. No ad will remain, fortunately.

Download it again from the website for your region.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in China for the next month and a half.  I guess I have to put up with Malware until then or do without flash.

I guess Adobe does not find it poor practice that an American traveling to China has no choice but to have his flash overtaken by an automatic update that results in unreadable Chinese malware installation.

Pro-tip:  if you originally installed the US version, the update should should not force a region/language change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In China, Flash Player is exclusively distributed by 2144.  The version of Flash Player distributed by 2144 is the only version of Flash Player licensed for use in China.

If you have feedback for 2144 on the software they bundle with Flash Player, or you need technical support with that version, please feel free to email help@flash.cn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines