• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

McAfee installed by default on Flash update.

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, charge me a fee equivalent to whatever you get for adding McAfee to the install, I will pay it. My time is worth more than the hassle of uninstalling it, and it really pisses me off to have to do so.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... What does feedback even do with Adobe? There are COUNTLESS people - including myself - who are looking for support on this issue. Thanking someone for feedback is not "support." I'd like to know if Adobe is - or is not - going to fix this issue. You are forcing updates on people to make their content work on websites. I'm a developer and don't understand why flash will stop working on sites if the version is out of date... If there's a MAJOR security issue, I get that, but I doubt you have those every few weeks. Does Adobe have so many problems with their designers that they can't keep an updated version of simple Flash for more than a few weeks? The updates are so often that it gives the impression that the software isn't stable, or your designers are incompetent. Adding a PRE-CHECKED tiny box with third party software (McAfee) is bordering on unethical marketing practices. How hard is it to leave the box unchecked for the MAJORITY of people who do NOT want a "free" version of antivirus software?

Help me, and others here understand why this is happening. I look forward to a response from Adobe but highly doubt I'll get one... I tried a text chat with your agents to address this problem and they gave me a 1-800 number to call because they didn't know what to do... The number does not offer support for products like Flash, so why would your Staff provide a number knowing it won't help me? It's a giant circle - hoping that people will just give up. Well, I'm trying to get a real person to provide some kind of real response... Or is this just another way of tiring out those who want to express complaints? Come on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no point trying to contact support about this. Is the product working as designed? So far as I can see, yes. What you want is a different design. This is not a bug, it's a feature request. Support can't give you anything except sympathy, they don't have the power to fix it, or to suggest it be changed. They don't hang around the water cooler with the developers, letting them know what's making people unhappy. So I suggest everyone who feels the same as you use the Feature Request form here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form . There is NO separate channel for complaints, and using feature request forms to complain will get you nowhere. Make a case.

Understand that (1) your proposal has cost implications for Adobe and (2) Flash EOL has now been announced. A good feature request will make a case that acknowledges both of these. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually genius, it wasn't working at all because of yet another outdated version and I'm not the only person with these issues. The product causes any flash media to not display on websites if it isn't updated (in case you haven't used Flash before). I have an issue with updating it more than any other software I use. This gives Adobe yet another chance to pawn third-party software on people who don't want it, or perhaps didn't realize there was a tiny checked box (which should be unchecked by default.) If it costs Adobe a fortune to fix a tiny checked box in their code, they need to hire some new developers.

My issue with their "SUPPORT" is being proved by your message, so thank you for that. If I chatted with an agent by text, then called their phone number, then posted on a forum, only to have some random person with the username "Test Screen Name" point me to some other form, anyone would be frustrated by that. You obviously lack customer empathy or we wouldn't be having this pointless, non-constructive conversation. Do you expect customers to know the difference between a "feature request" compared to general software issue? Of course not... The Adobe Staff I contacted should have told me this the first time and not just give me a useless 1-800 number to call. It wastes time and money that Adobe could better use to fix issues. Would have saved me (and Adobe employees) a lot of time today wouldn't it? Most people have a concern, contact a company, and they point them in the right direction. This isn't "Support." This is a total breakdown in customer service.

Your rude message is only going to fuel the fire with customers like me who are already frustrated. Again, proving my point that Adobe needs to get their crap together... Especially if they have people like you helping frustrated customers. Getting pissy back isn't what they pay people to do - or is it? Not helping.

UPDATE: I tried the link to the "Feature Request" page and OF COURSE THAT WON'T WORK ALSO. Just another giant circle. I selected "Adobe Flash" from the dropdown, and it just sent me to a blank page. Sad Adobe. Just sad. I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’re not MY customer. I don’t work for Adobe. Anyone can post any kind if nonsense here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines