Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

McAfee installed without consent

Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update for flash forced me to install McAfee without my consent.

I was prompted to download the flash player here

The file that was downloaded was here

This screen popped up. After clicking next, both flash and McAfee were installed. there was no option to not install McAfee.

This is unacceptable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce.  I downloaded the file you downloaded and only Flash Player PPAPI was installed.  McAfee was not.

Please provide the 2 log files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, saved at C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs (replace YourUserID with your actual user ID).  Upload the 2 files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am damned pissed to find out McAfee bullshit was installed on my system without permission.

Who the hell do you people think you are?  You get plenty of income from paid apps like photoshop, ec. This DOES NOT give you permission to "force" install unwanted software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe, you know full well you bundled McAfee with the installer; you've been doing it for at least 5 years. I used to be a Flash developer, so it disappoints me to see you drag Flash down to the level of SourceForge forced installs.

If you need to pay for the development of Flash player, use the money you get from tools that create Flash content. This sort of behavior smacks of small-world thinking on Adobe's part: just chasing after every available dollar.

I stopped installation of Flash player after seeing it was installing McAfee, and won't be downloading it ever again if this is the result. Add this into the "pay us at least $40 per month to access software we don't build for anybody except movie studios and AAA game companies" and I really just don't like your company anymore.

Get f***ed, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines