• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Adobe Flashplayer Security Update

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run my TV thru a HDMI cable from my laptop. The latest Microsoft Security update for Flashplayer kills the sound to my TV. When I uninstall the update the sound works fine. I have Windows 10 64 bit. Does Adobe check anything before these updates are made? Like how it effects TV sound? Guess not. I am uninstalling this update daily because with Windows 10 updates are done automatically. You can not manually pick which updates you want.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug.  There's a fix available in the latest beta.  The next update to the generally available release will also have it.

http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help. The link you gave would not download. Flashplayer is imbedded in Internet Explorer so that means I have to wait for Microidiots to make the fix. I will be dead before they do that happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there are no betas for IE and Edge on Windows 10.  You *could* choose to use another browser like Firefox in the interim.

The patch will be available for IE and Edge when the release ships.  Updates for Flash Player ship monthly, on Microsoft Patch Tuesday, which is next week (10/10). 

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying Adobe is aware of this volume issue and when Microsoft gets it on 10/10

the fix will be in what they receive from Adobe???   Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  We release software in 4-week cycles (as does Microsoft).  Think of them like departing trains.  Feature-bearing releases come out quarterly, followed by two monthly patch releases.  In between those, we make pre-release (beta) builds available to an audience of several million users, to collect early feedback from a much larger and more diverse population of hardware than we could ever hope to test in a lab.

The issue you're experiencing didn't show up under lab conditions, and interestingly, didn't get pointed out in beta testing, either.  It's still not good, and we've made sure that the next shipping release had a remedy.

For the October release, the next train is basically locked and loaded, and the fix is already on-board.

More specifically, we're already done with the engineering on the next release, and it's currently undergoing testing from both our teams and test teams at distributing partners like Microsoft and Google, who bake Flash Player directly into their browsers.  Once testing is complete (which is basically now), then it moves from the various test teams to the publishing and distribution teams, who manage the pipeline responsible for delivering those patches to the ~2.5 billion machines that will pick it up.  None of those steps is trivial, and it's important that fixes to Flash Player land for all users simultaneously (or as close as humanly possible as we can get), so we do a tremendous amount of coordination between multiple companies, who also have their own complex needs and internal requirements.

Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your help. I will wait till after 10/10

and just keep uninstalling the current version till after that date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines