• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Update KB4056887 corrupts video

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time the update KB4056887 is downloaded to my computer, it corrupts the video and makes it "Jerky" and unable to watch I have to uninstall the update to get the video to run correctly only to find that the update has installed itself to my computer and the problem starts all over again. How can I stop this update fron installing on my computer??

[moderator: edited title to more accurately reflect issue]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I stop this update fron installing on my computer??

If you have Windows 10, you can't.  Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge on Windows 10.  Unlike Windows 8.x and below, users cannot block updates from being installed on Windows 10.

Please provide the direct link to video that is 'corrupt' when you install KB4056887.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not quite sure what you mean, all I know is that when this download is installed on my computer I cannot view recorded video without it being "Jerky" not exactly slow motion but as I say, "Jerky". If I uninstall the update all is fine until the next time windows downloads the update, the video goes haywire again. I must have uninstalled this update dozens of times and I am most perplexed with the whole thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a link to video that exhibits the behavior when you install the  update.

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge, all updates to Flash Player for IE/Edge are released by Microsoft via Windows Updates.  Since Microsoft prevents users from blocking Windows Updates on Windows 10, the update keeps re-installing after you have uninstalled it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been unable to reproduce the behaviour, both in physical Windows 10 systems and virtual machines.

Please provide the link to the video that is exhibiting the 'jerky' behaviour when using the latest version of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to empty your browser cache after the update and reboot your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can generally watch video from my dash camera from the car or my security camera without a problem. However, I have discovered that when I watch a video from "The Lift" on the weather channel it seems as though this is upsetting Flash Player. could this be the problem???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apparently this channel use the HTML5 video element, not flash there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without having a direct link to content you're referring to, I searched 'the lift on weather channel' and got https://weather.com/series/the-lift ​  Checked a few videos on there and don't see the flash context menu when right-clicking on the content.  I also disabled Flash and videos still played.  Viewing assets via developer tools option also doesn't show any swf content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear that this problem is unique to my computer and I will have to live with it and keep deleting the update to flash player.

Thank you all for your indulgence in this, it was appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it would be more relevent you report your issue to Microsoft since it's a microsoft update,

event if flash player is in this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines