• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mouse not lined up on progress bar

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When playing a video  on Youtube my mouse pointer will be  far ahead of the progress red bar if I want to  scan forward in time of the video or backwards and not on the time stamp of the video playing . Like if I hold my left mouse button on the bar it will be like example 2:15 but the video is at 1:15 not exact but its only way I can explain it. and if I try to go to the end of the video my mouse almost has to be off the page to pull the progress bar over to the right.. Making it hard to speed forward or back when playing a video. I dont know if this is flash issue or my video card. I updated everything such as video driver as well as my flash player..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Update I found out my issue it was my Chrome browser and a theme or addon.

I just reset it fresh and all done. Adding one at time to see who the

culprit is but I feel its the theme. thanks for help anyways

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM jeromiec83223024 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YouTube doesn't use Flash anymore.  You may want to see YouTube Help for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found if I zoom the page really big then the more I do it the mouse now

lines up . I have it set for using flash in youtube unless they change it

but it does the same in all flash playing videos.

Seems to be a zooming thing causing the issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably browser specific.  I'd be happy to look at it, but it would be super useful to know the specific browser version, Flash version, operating system and version, and the screen resolution that are in play.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using 64 bit Windows 10 pro 10.0.16299 build 16299  and bios  all updated, Chrome which is latest version, AMD Radeon 8490 version 15.301.190.0 updated   .  I run my screen at 1280 x 768 x 60 hertz .  I have bad eyesight so I run it right now at 125 percent  zoom in Chrome... and display is set at default in settings in control panel  at  100 percent. (recommended)

Google Chrome71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: 71_Win_80)
Revision2ac50e7249fbd55e6f517a28131605c9fb9fe897-refs/branch-heads/3578@{#860}
JavaScriptV8 7.1.302.28
Flash32.0.0.101 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer64_32_0_0_101.dll
User AgentMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.80 Safari/537.36

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using this little game loader to check that the mouse cursor was correct (the plane flies to the cursor), and I'm not able to reproduce the offset that you're seeing:

http://homestarrunner.com/games.html

Scaling calculations are more complex in the current world where operating systems and browsers have to factor for displays with high pixel densities.  I'm not totally surprised at the symptoms you're describing, but we did a lot of feature work to address this as 4K monitors hit the market, and my belief is that scaling problems in the Flash runtime itself are solved.

That said, I believe that you're seeing this, but the trick is in finding the right combination of stuff to reproduce it.  I'm *not* able to see it on the configuration that you're talking about.  Are you maybe forcing a newer LCD monitor at a low resolution to get big fonts instead of using the Operating System's scaling features?  I'm not sure if we can calculate the scaling right in that instance...

The YouTube case isn't particularly compelling, because YouTube doesn't actually support it.  It's quite possible that it's a bug in their Flash content, and they're never going to fix that.

I'm also wondering if you're actually successful in forcing YouTube to play videos on Flash.  I tried the top couple extensions in the Chrome App Store, and none of them appear to actually work.  It may be limited to older videos where Flash content was generated when they were created.

If you're successfully getting YouTube to play Flash content for you, how?

Do you actually see About Flash Player at the bottom of the context menu for affected videos? 

Can you give me a link to a representative example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update I found out my issue it was my Chrome browser and a theme or addon.

I just reset it fresh and all done. Adding one at time to see who the

culprit is but I feel its the theme. thanks for help anyways

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM jeromiec83223024 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines