• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My antivirus keeps saying adobe flash is a virus even though i never updated it.

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My antivirus keeps saying that adobe flash is a virus even though i never updated it since 6 years ago.

And It also says that on my laptop that is from this year.

I got really confused when I did nothing on it nor opened it since 3 years ago,and it said that only this week.

I would like to know anything about this.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

There's no way for us to know what the criteria your antivirus is using to detect if something is a virus or not, however, having a 6 year old version of Flash Player installed on your system poses a security risk as there have been many, many releases since then addressing a myriad of actively exploited security issues.

If you don't use Flash Player (noted by your comment "nor opened it since 3 years ago") there really is no point in you having Flash Player installed.  I recommend uninstalling

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the EXACT message you are getting about Flash? And why didn't you update it, that's a huge risk to take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way for us to know what the criteria your antivirus is using to detect if something is a virus or not, however, having a 6 year old version of Flash Player installed on your system poses a security risk as there have been many, many releases since then addressing a myriad of actively exploited security issues.

If you don't use Flash Player (noted by your comment "nor opened it since 3 years ago") there really is no point in you having Flash Player installed.  I recommend uninstalling it:

Mac: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Windows: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Note that these uninstallers do not remove Flash Player that is emdedded in the browser and managed by the browser vendor (Chrome and IE/Edge)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why I had not updated it since 6 years ago,is because I took out my computer from 6 years ago because I had no place to put it in and I just opened it up,and I tried updating it,but my antivirus kept stopping me from updating it.

Thank you for your help,I will uninstall it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

I thought you were referring to a system that was currently in use and had not been updated for 6 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines